Kiron offers certificates for courses provided by edX. These certificates are completely free of cost for Kiron students. To obtain certificates for edX courses, you have to request an upgrade code.
Follow the steps below to obtain an upgrade code for a edX certificate
- Always make sure you are enrolled on edX with your Kiron email address (...@students.kiron.ngo), otherwise the codes won't work!
- To upgrade your course to verified, send an email to the Kiron Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org with your Kiron email address including the name of the course you are requesting a code for.
- Kiron will send you an upgrade code to your Kiron email address. Be aware that this might take up to 72 hours.
- When Kiron has sent you an upgrade code, go back to edX and log in to continue with the course and to obtain your certificate.
- Find your course in your Dashboard and click on the green button Upgrade to Verified to open the payment page.
- On the payment page, enter your code in the field Add coupon code and click on Apply. Then confirm the payment.
- To obtain your certificate, log in to the edX platform and find your course in your Dashboard.
- For self-paced courses, open the Progress tab in your course page and click on Request Certificate.
- For courses with specific sessions and for the self-paced courses with ready certificates, click on the blue View Certificate button.
Important. To obtain your certificate you have to verify your identity with a webcam and an approved ID on edX (click here to know what is an approved ID).