Are you unsure about what you want to study? Don’t worry, this is the case for almost everyone. We have put together some points to help you think about it and make a decision.
First, you should always decide for a field of studies that fits your interests and strengths. It will be really hard to finish a study program that does not interest you. Sometimes people study thinking about getting a job with a good salary, but they do not like it in the end.
- What you have done so far?
- Which type of activities do you enjoy?
- What are you good at?
- What type of job you would like to do?
Also ask your family and friends what they think would be the right job for you. If your geographical location is important to you, take that into consideration as well. For example, if you can not move, read our article here.
There are several self-tests that can help you find your main field of interest and your expectations and match it with possible study-tracks.
- This short test from “Bachelor and More” helps you find a field of study, a specific subject within the field and the type of educational institution that would be best for you.
- The SIT is also a good test. You will need 10 minutes to complete it.
- The most detailed test is from the Arbeitsagentur. It takes several hours to complete it.
All these tests are originally in German but Google can help you translating them into your language. They are very useful to help you with your decision.
If you want to find out more about the German Educational System before making your decision on a study program, take our Orientation tour for the University Application checklist on Kiron Campus.