As a Kiron student, you will not be registered automatically to Coursera.
First, you have to upload your documents on Kiron Campus, and once this is done, then register on the Coursera website.
Watch the video below or follow the steps under:
- When you want to join a course offered by Coursera, but you have not made an account yet, this message will appear at the top of the Course Page: “Please Verify your account to get access to unlimited free courses and certificates”. Click on "Verify Document". (If you don’t see this message, it means you have already uploaded your document! Go directly to step 7).
- You will be redirected to the Document Upload page.
- Upload a document showing your status as a refugee or an asylum seeker.
- Now, you will have to wait for 1-3 days for your document to be verified by our teams.
- While waiting, you can already go on www.coursera.org to create your account.
- On the Coursera main page, click on “Log In" at the top right.
- Choose "Sign Up" at the top. Use the same email address that you used to register with Kiron. You can use a name and password of your choice. Coursera will send you an automatic email in the following minutes.
- Go to your email and open the email with the title “Action required: Please confirm your email”.
- Click on the “Confirm email address” link.
- You will be redirected to a Coursera page that says "Email verified".
- Now that you have verified your email with Coursera, wait that Kiron verifies your document.
- Once Kiron has verified your document, next time you log in to Coursera, you will see a message which says “You are invited to join Kiron Higher Education Learning Program”. Click on “Join Program”.
- You did it ! You have now access to all the courses and certificates for free!
- If you followed all the steps above, you should see the Kiron logo next to the Coursera logo on the top left of the page, like below:
Also, please be aware that if you encounter more problems with the sign-up process, you can always connect with the Coursera Support team.