In order to get verified certificates on Coursera, you will be asked to verify your identity. Please note that the verification for Coursera only works with documents from non-restricted countries. If the country of your origin or the country you currently reside in are subjected to sanctions by the United States, please contact Coursera directly and ask how your ID verification could be made.
In order to get a Course Certificate, for some courses you have to complete Name verification but for others you have to do ID Verification as well, which includes submitting a photo and verified ID. Here is an explanation of what you have to do.
You have to provide:
- Your full name
- A clear image of your valid, government-issued photo ID (Driver’s license, passport, national ID)
- A clear photo of your face
- All images must be less than 1mb and .jpg or .png formats.
Valid photo IDs must:
• Be recent/new (not expired)
• Be originals (not a photocopy)
• Be government issued
• Be from a non-restricted country
• Show your full name and birth date
• Include a clear photo of your face
Usually, the ID verification takes maximum 24 hours. If your ID Verification is not successful, you will get an email to the email address you use for your Coursera account letting you know about the issue. For more information, click on this Coursera help center article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.