There are multiple ways to find a (side) job in Germany:
- Usually, the student services (often called Studierendenwerk) have a website where you can find job offers and other information. Most students look for “student assistant” jobs, which are often announced in mailing lists of the university (or your faculty). You may also approach your professors directly and ask about vacant positions.
- Check announcements in newspapers and on the information boards (Schwarze Bretter) at your university, your supermarket and other public places.
- You can find jobs at the website of the Bundesagentur für Arbeit.
- Sign up for local job offer newsletters (Verteiler)
- Check out websites like aubi-plus or indeed.com.
- Some of these websites like Jobboerse and careers4refugees also have a special forum for refugees.
- You can create a CV and a profile on job search platforms like XING, LinkedIn or workeer (which has a special forum for refugees). If you need help creating a CV, check out our FAQ section for advice here.